Organizational Location : UN-HABITAT
Duty Station : Iligan / Marawi
Functional Title : Project Knowledge Management Junior Officer
Contract Modality : Individual Contractor
Contract Duration : Contract up to December 2018 renewable for 2019
Deadline for Application : 2 October 2018
PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND:
Requirements of consultancy
Within the framework of the “Rebuilding Marawi, Republic of the Philippines, through Community-Driven Shelter and Livelihood Recovery Support”, funded by the Government of Japan, the expert will support the implementation of UN-Habitat’s knowledge management framework (with emphasis on the key stakeholders supporting the recovery, the UN System in the Philippines and UN-Habitat), support project reporting (with a particular emphasis on donor and stakeholder reporting), communications and advocacy (with particular emphasis to local communities as well as Japanese audiences.
Rebuilding Marawi, Republic of the Philippines, through Community-Driven Shelter and Livelihood Recovery Support
Contract up to December 2018 renewable for 2019
The consultancy is field based (Iligan/Marawi)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the UN Habitat Project Manager and UN Habitat KM Specialist, the Project Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop and formulate communication strategy for the project in Marawi,
- Document expert group meetings, workshops, forums consultations and other activities related to planning development and implementation of UN Habitat programmes and projects in Marawi City.
- Develop outreach materials and communicate outcomes of various activities by preparing blogs entries, press releases reports etc.
- Maintain and produce original content for on line outreach platforms and social media including but not limited to UN Habitat website, blogs, Facebook pages/ groups etc.
- Ensure inputs related to UN Habitat activities in Marawi for the monthly UN Habitat e-bulletin
- Provide technical advice on knowledge sharing activities to maximize events as a means to replicate good practices and lessons learned from the project and programme of UN Habitat in Marawi.
- Support the development of knowledge products borne out of the implementation of the project in Marawi.
- Support and implement knowledge management strategies that 1.) facilitate timely dissemination of relevant project information among project implementors, project partners, and other key stakeholder to optimize opportunities for synergy and 2.) are able to inform subsequent, similar endeavors through documented lessons learned and best practices.
- Prepare reports to donors, partners, internal reports etc. at various stages of the project.
Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Development Communication, Social Marketing, Journalism Media
or other related field.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience report writing, communicating project results to donors, partners
- Minimum of three years’ experience in application of communication strategies in development projects and programmes in the Philippines. Experience working for the UN system is preferred
- Exhibit key working knowledge key terms and current knowledge state on development issues and directions especially on climate change, urban development and shelter
- Have substantial experience and knowledge in information system and implementation as well as design and documentation of learnings and other activities;
- Possess transferable skills in knowledge documentation, use and regeneration
- Have strong technical and creative writing skills with a full command of English and Filipino (Spoke and written) knowledge on the local dialect is a plus factor
- Possess advance and publishable writing skill both in on-line and off-line dissemination (i.e press releases, blogs, press releases, news article, etc), familiarity with using and posting on social media channels (Facebook twitter) and have a basic understanding in mainstream web.
- Knowledge on basic graphic design and photography
Language Requirements: Fluency (both verbal and written) in English and knowledge of national language and
the local dialect is preferred.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.
HOW TO APPLY
Submission of Applications
Application should include:
- Cover memo (maximum 1 page) including expectations regarding remunerations;
- A completed UN Personal History Form (P-11) – Please download the form (MS-Word) from UN- Habitat ROAP web site: http://www.fukuoka.unhabitat.org/vacancy/index_en.html;
Please be advised that since 15 April 2010, applications for consultancies must be part of the UN- Habitat e-roster in order for their applications to be considered. Please register through the following link: http://e-roster.unhabitat.org
All applications should be addressed and sent electronically vie e- mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please indicate in your e-mail subject: Marawi Project Knowledge Management Officcer
Deadline for Applications is on or before 02 October 2018.
Please note that applications received after the closing date stated above will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted. The salary will be determined according to the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the selected candidate. Details and conditions of the contract will be communicated at the interview.
In line with UN-Habitat policy on gender equity, applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged
UN-Habitat does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.