Consultant for the Conduct of a Workshop in Writing a Local Climate Change Action Plan (LCCAP) and to Assist with the Updating and Enhancement of LCCAPs
|DURATION:||May – June 2018|
|START DATE:||May 2018|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||UNDP- Individual Contractor (Output-based)|
|DEADLINE DATE:||25 April 2018|
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED WORK:
- Prepare the complete writeshop/workshop design;
- Prepare writeshops/workshops guides;
- Facilitate the actual conduct of the writeshops/workshops in the five (5) cities of Angeles, Cagayan De Oro, Legazpi, Ormoc and Tagum and provide guidance to participants in finalizing the expected deliverables from the writeshops/workshops;
- Prepare Post-training reports; and
- Provide technical and content editing of the draft Local Climate Change Action Plans of Angeles, Cagayan De Oro, Legazpi, Ormoc and Tagum cities.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENT DELIVERABLES:
|Activity||Output from the Activity||Output from the Consultant||Timeline|
|Conduct workshop on writing the Local Climate Change Action Plan (3 days) for five cities||
– Draft sections of the LCCAP
– At least 10 LCCAP TWG participants trained
– Complete design of the writeshop/workshop developed;
– Writeshop/workshop guides developed;
|by April 27, 2018
by April 27, 2018
– Five (5) workshops facilitated;
– Participants provided guidance in finalizing the expected outputs from the writeshop/workshop
|by May 31, 2018|
|– Post-training report||by June 15, 2018|
|Provide technical and content editing of the five (5) draft LCCAPs||– Edited drafts of the five (5) LCCAPs||– The review report of five cities’ LCCAPs, including the inputs provided and enhancements made.||by June 15, 2018|
- Preferably an advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in Communication, Journalism, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as lead trainer, coach, and mentor on climate change related issues.
- Prior demonstrated experience in designing and conducting a writing workshop for non-technical audience.
- Minimum five (5) years of working experience in climate change or environmental planning and management and capacity building.
- Familiar with climate change action plan concepts and processes.
- Has experience working with international organizations.
- Has excellent communication English skills, both written and oral.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Application should include:
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (Download Financial Proposal Template)
- Personal Curriculum Vitae, indicating all past experiences from similar projects,