|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Peace and Development Officer|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contract (LICA)|
01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending onfunding availability and performance
|DEADLINE DATE:||20 April 2018|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct an assessment of the peace and development issues and concerns of the communities, religious groups, national and local government and other partners and stakeholders;
- Identify opportunities, challenges and risks in the implementation of the project;
- Develop strategies, capacity development activities and project concepts to enhance peace and development efforts of the project in close consultation with and with the active participation of the partner communities and project partners;
- Provide substantive support to and, as appropriate, participate in consultative and inter-agency processes and meetings related to the sustaining peace agenda by offering advice, giving guidance and assisting in developing a consensus;
- Develop training designs, program and modules, work plans; organize training programs both for UN-Habitat project staff, local government, project partners and communities in relation to peace and development in Marawi;
- Develop and maintain a network of strategic partners within the local community, with UN agencies, development partners, local institutions, civil society and private sector;
- Coordinate with staff in other units of the project and contribute to integrated analysis and planning within the team to ensure full consideration and integration of the sustaining peace agenda in the project activities and policy reform agenda;
- Develop productive and peace-promotive relationships with project partners and donors including reporting and consultations.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Peace and Development, Political Science or other related discipline.
Experience and skills:
- At least four (4) years experience in peace and development-oriented projects.
- At least four (4) years experience in community trainings and organizational development.
- Have good people management skills.
- Have good partnership building and networking skills.
- Knowledge and experience of community-driven processes and community action planning at local level is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the peace and development efforts of the different institutions particularly in Mindanao is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, will be essential as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Fluency of English and Filipino is required. Knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.