|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Project Knowledge Management and Communications Junior Officer|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contractor (LICA)|
01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance
|DEADLINE DATE:||20 April 2018|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for the project in Marawi, for multiple levels of engagement and outreach (e.g., local communities, CSOs, LGUs, media)
- Document expert group meetings, workshops, trainings, forums, consultations and other activities related to planning development and implementation of UN-Habitat programmes and projects in Marawi City;
- Develop outreach materials and communicate outcomes of various activities by preparing blog entries, press releases, reports, etc.;
- Maintain and produce original content for online outreach platforms and social media including but not limited to the UN-Habitat website, blogs, Facebook pages/groups etc.;
- Liaise with media, city information office, and other information focal points for any coverage needed for project events;
- Collate media clippings and social media and web analytics to monitor reach of content about the project ;
- Provide technical advice on and support knowledge-sharing activities to maximize events as a means to replicate good practices and lessons learned from the project and programme of UN Habitat in Marawi;
- Develop creative and innovative ways of knowledge sharing and communicating messages regarding the project like social artistry, placemaking, etc.;
- Support the development of knowledge products borne out of the implementation of the project in Marawi;
- Prepare reports to donors, partners, internal reports etc. at various stages of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Development Communication, Social Marketing, Journalism, Media Relations or other related field. A first level university degree in combination with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of two (2) years (if with Master’s degree or equivalent) or eight (8) years (if with first-level university degree) of relevant experience in report writing, communicating project results to donors, partners
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies in development projects and programmes in the Philippines. Experience working for the UN system is preferred
- Exhibit key working knowledge of development issues and directions, especially on urban development and shelter; experience in development projects within a post-conflict context will be an asset
- Have substantial experience and knowledge in information systems and implementation as well as design and documentation of learnings and other activities;
- Possess transferable skills in knowledge documentation, use, and regeneration
- Have strong technical and creative writing skills with a full command of English and Filipino (spoken and written) knowledge of the local dialect is highly desirable
- Possess advanced and publishable writing skills both for different media and target audiences (i.e., press releases, blogs, news article, etc.), demonstrable familiarity with using and posting on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter), and a basic understanding in web content management systems
- Knowledge of basic graphic design and photography.
- Knowledge of basic video production is an advantage.
Full command of English and Filipino (spoken and written), knowledge of the local dialect is highly desirable.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.