|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Livelihood Officer|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contractor (LICA)|
01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance
|DEADLINE DATE:||20 April 2018|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct livelihood assessment covering baseline data gathering of economic activities of possible project beneficiaries and partners, skills inventory and environmental scanning of economic activities in the locality;
- Develop livelihood strategies for the project in consultation with the partner communities and other partners including the identification of best practices and lessons learned from similar livelihood interventions for application in the project;
- Assist the community beneficiaries in identifying markets, develop products and access markets;
- In coordination with other project team partners, conduct training and other capacity building activities on livelihood opportunities and projects for partner communities and families;
- Support resource mobilization for the livelihood strategies and activities of the project;
- Establish partnerships with relevant government agencies, CSOs, private sector in the project implementation;
- In collaboration with the project team, provide information on the livelihood component of the project to relevant national and local government, donors, NGOs/CSOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Economics, Enterprise Development or other related fields.
Experience and skills:
- At least four (4) years experience in livelihood projects development
- Have good people management skills.
- Have good partnership building and networking skills.
- Sufficient experience of working with local communities in upgrading local development projects at community level.
- Prior knowledge and experience in community-driven processes and community action planning at local level is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the livelihood and economic context of Marawi.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal, will be essential as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoin
Fluency of English and Filipino. Knowledge of local dialect is an advantage.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.