|DUTY STATION:||Metro Manila|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Human Resource Associate and Administrative Officer|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contractor (LICA)|
|DURATION||Earliest: 01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance|
|DEADLINE DATE:||16 April 2018 (extended until 27 April 2018)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment and Human Resource Development
- Conduct local and international recruitment processes in a timely manner and according to UN-Habitat recruitment policies;
- Prepare and monitor the recruitment plan according to Project/Progamme workplan and priorities;
- Contribute to the improvement of the current recruitment system and the maintenance of standards, skills inventory, interview procedures and protocols;
- Develop an HR and Administration information management system to make sure the records are maintained in accordance with Projects SOP and UN-Habitat HR file checklist;
- Design, plan, monitor and provide induction and orientation program and briefing to new staff members/personnel;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies, when appropriate, to ensure implementation of HR policies and processes according to UN standards;
- Oversee and coordinate all travel-related functions, ensuring that they are carried out in a timely manner in accordance with the Project and UN-Habitat SOPs;
- Supervise the administration and logistics support provided to staff members such as visa processing and the like;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies, when appropriate, to ensure implementation of administrative systems are consistent with UN wide rules and regulations (SSAFE, UN Training, etc)
- Serve as the HR, Admin and Security Focal Point for the agency;
- Represent the agency in the Operations Management Team (OMT) of the UN system in the Philippines;
- Perform other functions and duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Human Resources (HR) Management, Public or Business Administration, Social Science or other fields relevant to the above duties. A first level university degree in combination with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years (if with Master’s degree or equivalent) or 8 years (if with first-level university degree) of progressive experience in HR management and project administration in development-related work within governmental, multilateral, bilateral or Civil Society Organization-setting and within a multicultural environment.
- Previous work in international project management is an advantage
- Demonstrated expertise, knowledge and understanding in project / programme implementation, with focus on the HR and administrative components
- Broad experience in providing back-office support
- Experience in working at the sub-national and local levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software programs (notably Word, Excel and)
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.