|ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION:||UN-HABITAT Philippines|
|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/ Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Community Mobilizer|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contractor (LICA)|
|DURATION||Earliest: 01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance|
|DEADLINE DATE:||13 April 2018 (extended until 27 April 2018)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement processes for the strengthening of community associations, clans or community groups to undertake their own development initiatives with special emphasis on women;
- Assist communities in the preparation of Community Action Plans and community contract proposals for approval by programme authorities;
- Assist beneficiaries, associations and project technical staff in the preparation and implementation of community contracts;
- Prepare appropriate weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports on community mobilization, housing and infrastructure projects.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor’s degree in social work and development or other related disciplines.
Experience and skills:
- At least 2 years experience in the field of community mobilization and community-based local development projects
- Knowledge and experience of the People’s Process and/or community action planning at local level is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills – both written and interpersonal will be essential, as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint Presentation.
- Fluency of English and Filipino
- Working knowledge and fluency in local dialect (Bisaya or Maranao) is preferred
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.