|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/ Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Community Mobilization Team Leader|
|CONTRACT MODALITY||Local Individual Contractor (LICA)|
|DURATION||01 May 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance|
|DEADLINE DATE:||13 April 2018 (extended until 23 April 2018)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all the projects are properly and efficiently managed in close partnership with the concerned local government and the communities in accordance with agreements signed between UN-Habitat and the funding agency;
- Supervise the Team Community Organizer and Technical Officer to ensure timely delivery of project expected outputs;
- In coordination with the Project Manager, develop strategies and timely intervention to ensure timely delivery of expected outputs;
- Lead the team on capacity building activities for construction of houses and community infrastructure on construction quality standards measures and practices;
- Ensure that capacity development activities will target all stakeholders through on-the-job training, awareness-raising activities, knowledge and information sharing, and formal capacity development activities, particularly in community mobilization;
- Provide accurate and timely information to the knowledge management officer for project reports, information and communication materials, etc.;
- Supervise the community organizer and technical supervisor in their day to day activity and conduct regular strategy sessions;
- Coordinate and network with other humanitarian and development agencies operating in the same barangay/ local government units and/or related areas;
- Prepare appropriate weekly, monthly, quarterly and other regular progress reports on community mobilization, housing and infrastructure projects, in collaboration with the reporting officer, including visual and other presentation materials as required;
- Ensure that the finance and administrative officer receives timely financial information about the status of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Social Work and Development, Social Sciences or related disciplines. A first level university degree in combination with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years (if with Master’s degree or equivalent) or 8 years (if with first-level university degree) of progressive experience in community organizing, mobilizing and supervising work
- Experience in management of (community) contracts is essential
- At least 2 years experience of working with local communities in local development projects at community level
- Knowledge and experience of the People’s Process or community-driven processes at local level is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Fluency in English and national language of duty station. Knowledge on the local/vernacular language of the duty station is preferred.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.