|DUTY STATION:||Iligan/ Marawi City|
|FUNCTIONAL TITLE:||Project Manager|
|DURATION||Earliest: 16 April 2018 – 31 March 2019, extendable depending on funding availability and performance|
|DEADLINE DATE:||6 April 2018 (extended until 20 Apr 2018)|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize project execution in line with project objectives and expected outputs;
- Ensure the effective and efficient execution of the project, within the limit of the allocated resources, by providing appropriate managerial and technical support through project design, staff/team management, training and evaluation, coordination and monitoring activities;
- Develop, implement and evaluate the project, monitor and analyze project development and implementation, oversee community contracting ensuring seamless workflow and disbursement of funds to communities, review relevant documents and reports, identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions, liaise with relevant parties, ensure follow-up actions.
- Coordinate activities related to project funding (progress reports, financial statements, monitoring visits, etc.);
- Within the framework of the project, support dissemination of the People’s Process approach through capacity building, tools development, knowledge management and policy formulation targeting a wide range of partners including, but not limited to, key shelter agencies and other national government agencies, shelter cluster and its partners, local government units, civil society organizations and private sector;
- Coordinate with donors, partners and other project stakeholders to ensure their participation, support and ownership;
- Design programs and project to support national office initiatives;
- Assess project relevance and coherence in support for national initiatives;
- Perform other functions and duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS/SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in architecture, civil engineering, urban and regional planning, sociology, business management or physical sciences relevant to development and management of human settlements. A first level university degree in combination with relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years (if with Master’s degree or equivalent) or 12 years (if with first-level university degree) of progressive experience in human settlements projects and programmes at national level. Proven experience in managing human settlements/ housing projects. Programme/project development, design and implementation with the UN or other international agencies is desirable.
- Proven experience in managing large project teams.
- Sufficient knowledge and skills in shelter and environmental planning.
- Proven experience on project development, monitoring, implementation and evaluation (PDIME).
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, social and cultural skills necessary for complex projects multi sectoral and multi-disciplinary teams. Experience in handling culturally-sensitive projects is an advantage.
Please download the Terms of Reference for the complete details of the post.
Deadline for Applications: 6 April 2018